Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48 are parcel services you and your customers can trust. Not only will you always know where your parcels are, you’ll also have:
- a choice of 24 or 48** UK delivery
- optional signature on delivery
- free SMS and email notifications
- a free, easy-to-use despatch management system
- free collection and free management reporting
- Up to £100 inclusive compensation for loss or damage
- free redeliveries if your customers aren’t home.
- Safeplace allows customers to nominate a safe place where parcels are left if no one is home to accept delivery.
Who should use Royal Mail Tracked™?
To access Royal Mail Tracked, send 1,000 Tracked items per annum across UK, International and Tracked Returns services and by combining volumes you can benefit from a better price.
Tools to help
Our despatch management software makes is easy to prepare your parcels for despatch.
- See how Despatch Management Online (DMO) can help. We've also enhanced our mail network to link with your order processing system, saving you time and increasing the efficiency of your despatch process.
- You and your customers can follow the progress of your parcels online with our Track & Trace tool. The unique barcode label means we can track your parcel through at least four track points from our first processing site to your customer’s doorstep. The result? Fewer redeliveries and happier customers.
Choose a delivery speed
We aim to deliver Royal Mail Tracked 24 the next working day and Royal Mail Tracked 48 within two to three working days. Some exceptions apply for outlying areas.
Choose delivery confirmation
Your customers will appreciate knowing when their parcel arrives. Choose from:
- online proof of signature on delivery
- text message notification
- email notification
Our Royal Mail Parcels User Guide can help.
With Royal Mail Tracked 48 you can access a number of detailed management reports including sales order and customer summaries as well as quality of service reports. For more information download our Royal Mail Tracked Reporting Guide.
Need to set up an account?
If you don’t already have one, you can contact our Business Centre on 08457 950 950*.
Many of our customers have Account Managers
If your business has a Royal Mail Account Manager, contact yours and find out more about how Royal Mail Tracked 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48** can benefit your business.
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, contact a member of our business team on 08457 950 950*. They will tell you how to add Royal Mail Tracked 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48** to your account. It will speed things up if you can have your Royal Mail account number to hand when you ring us.
It is important to note that Royal Mail Tracked 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48** is subject to availability and offered at Royal Mail’s discretion. We’ll carry out a risk assessment in advance of any contractual offer. Minimum entry levels may apply.
**We aim to deliver Royal Mail Tracked 24 the next working day and Royal Mail Tracked 48 within two to three working days. Some exceptions apply for outlying areas.
- How is the price determined?
- Can I add other delivery services to Royal Mail Tracked™?
- What are the minimum entry requirements for Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™?
- What can I send by Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™?
- Where can I post Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™ parcels to?
- Will I get a free collection?
- What paperwork do I need to generate?
How is the price determined?
The price for Royal Mail Tracked 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48** is calculated according to your posting profile, which includes factors such as annual volumes, parcel weights, origin and destinations and in some instances size. To get an estimate based on your planned posting profile contact your account manager or call 08457 950 950*.Back to top
Can I add other delivery services to Royal Mail Tracked™?
Yes. You can add a signature on delivery, text or email delivery notification. You can also choose:
- Safeplace™ - allows customers to nominate a safe place where parcels are left if no one is home to accept delivery.
- Local Collect Business™ - allows customers to nominate a local Post Office® where their parcel can be delivered for collection.
What are the minimum entry requirements for Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™?
To use Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™, the minimum annual volume is 1,000 parcels a year per site across both services.Back to top
What can I send by Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™?
You’d be surprised at the variety of things we’re asked to deliver. However, for legal and safety reasons, there are some parcels which we cannot allow to be sent by post. For further details on restrictions, please see the Parcels User Guide.Back to top
Where can I post Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™ parcels to?
Parcels can be addressed to anywhere in the UK including Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and BFPO (British Forces Post Office) addresses.
Parcels addressed to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man will be tracked up to acceptance into the territory.
Parcels addressed to a BFPO address will only be tracked up to handover to the BFPO UK address and must conform to BFPO addressing guidelines detailed on the BFPO website. No restricted materials can be sent to BFPO addresses.Back to top
Will I get a free collection?
Yes, collection costs are included in the Royal Mail Tracked® price if you post 1,000 items per annum, unless you plan to send over 300,000 parcels per site per year using Royal Mail Tracked 48™. If so, we calculate the inclusive parcel price according to the distance between your site and our agreed depot.Back to top
What paperwork do I need to generate?
For each shipment you’ll need:
- a barcoded label on each item
- a paper collection manifest
- electronic pre-advice.
If you use Royal Mail’s Despatch Manager Online (DMO) software it automatically transfers sales order information from DMO to our Online Business Account (OBA) system. This happens when you print off the ‘Collection Manifest’ on DMO.
If you use your own despatch management system or DMO items are billed automatically based upon the parcels we have accepted and scanned. That means entries are not needed on OBA. You will need access to Royal Mail’s Sales Ordering System and OBA to view Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48 sales orders raised.Back to top
*Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes. Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge.
Royal Mail Tracked 24® and 48®
Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
08457 950 950*
to win customers
at any life stage.
your dark side
with Star WarsTM
Brighten someone's day
The smart way
to get your
and bring more
most of your
with Star WarsTM